Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Battery Catastrophe and The Surprise Desk!

My new camera's battery ran out about a week and a half ago. It has been a wild ride trying to get a charger and rechargeable battery for it. I tried all of my own rechargeable batteries and their chargers first. Of course none of them worked, so I went in to Staples and one of their employees gave me the wrong one - he didn't really know what he was doing or talking about. When I got home and tried it, it didn't fit so I took it back the next day, and talked to someone a little more knowledgeable. It is a special kind and had to be ordered in, so we ordered it and returned the first one. It came only a couple of days ago, and I have been happily taking pictures since!!! These are just a few of my amazing shots both with perfect poses :)

As for the surprise desk... When I got home last night I knew something was fishy when dad scooted out of my room real fast and shut off the light. In the darkness I could see a very big shadow and I wasn't sure I was happy. Well, dad bought me a desk. So I can use it for 'studying.' It was very nice of him - although as you can see there's not much room right now for studying :) This desk is huge, almost as big as my bed. I moved it to the corner there this morning and it fits pretty good, although it does make my room feel a little smaller.

Oh yeah, one more bit of good news for you - Mom has started making bread again!!! It is soooo good - the loaves pictured are zucchini bread, but she also makes regular bread too. And it's not a one-time thing :) She's been doing it for almost two weeks like every other day or so :) GOOD FOOD!

1 comment:

Andrew Cardon said...

Those are both classic pictures. They look like that practically all the time. The desk looks really nice! It should help out a lot to have a place where you can do everything - What classes did you decide to take and when does school start for all of you?