Friday, July 18, 2008

Painting Our Apartment

We decided to stay in our same apartment for at least another year because we couldn't find an apartment that was any cheaper in as good of a location as our is. However, Aimee negotiated with our landlord for a few concessions. First she has wanted the apartment painted since we moved in and got our landlord to agree to purchase the paint and supplies if we would do the painting. To that end Aimee has been painting up a storm and the apartment is now almost completely painted. The name of the color she chose was Baked Scone it is a tan type color. She also got her to get the dishwasher put in (that is still waiting but a person did come and measure and our landlord says she has signed a contract to have it done). We are also changing all the light switches and outlets with new ones and putting a tile backsplash in our kitchen. I was going to change the outlets when I got home from work today but Aimee was adventurous and decided to try and change them herself. She does good work. I think I will keep her!

No comments: